This blog post was also featured on Facebook and Twitter. The accompanying content for Twitter is below.
When you can’t get to the gym, exercising outdoors during colder months can be tricky. Here are five tips to help you keep warm without overheating.
- Wear a couple thinner layers of clothing that you can peel away as you warm up.
- Keep your head, hands and feet warm at all times by wearing hats, gloves and thick socks.
- Avoid cotton or tightly woven clothing, which may retain moisture next to the skin.
- Wear a scarf or mask to cover your nose and mouth to help warm the air that you’re breathing in.
- In extreme cold, watch out for signs of hypothermia such as shivering, numbness, confusion or stumbling.
Exercise during colder months when you can’t get to the gym can be tricky! These 5 tips can help. http://24hf.it/k0pj